After a great two week break back at home, we have arrived back at the US Sailing Center here in Long Beach, California to finish off our west coast training before we move to Miami for the winter!
We are looking to spend the next 2 weeks here in Long Beach and squeeze out the last of what California has to offer before the fall and winter seasons really take over.
Why do this?
- Keeping the venue the same over the last two camps gives us the opportunity to easily roll back into our sailing and continue getting quality hours on the water!
- The skiff squad has been able to Finally! get our awesome squad coach, Mark Asquith, into the US from the UK and we are able to get back to our more normal coaching routines.
Here are a few things we are looking to work on while in Long Beach:
- Starts, Starts, Starts! We are looking to really nail down all aspects of the starting routine and dial in everything from the communication, to the time and distance call, to the acceleration mechanics
- Straight line tuning with a 3 boat squad: dial in our technique and rig progression in the light air and swell
- Continue working on communication and decision making around a short course environment
Of course, we wouldn’t be able to do any of this without the help of so many different organizations and people. We would like to give a big thank you to the US Sailing Center in Long Beach and their members and staff for all the generosity in allowing our squad to come train out of their facility again, to the US Sailing Team for continuing to provide the team 49er, team coach boat and Team Coach!, to the Sangmeister Family for helping us find housing and the Fournier Family for hosting us at their beautiful home!
Can’t wait to get back sailing over the next couple weeks and continue pushing hard on the water. Stay tune for more updates and photos! throughout the next couple weeks both on facebook, http://www.facebook.com/barrowshenkenracing and on instagram, http://www.instagram.com/hanshenken